Re: release-announce-list?

On 03/23/2010 02:59 PM, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le mardi 23 mars 2010, à 14:49 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to suggest creating a release-announce-list and use that for new
>> package release announcements instead of gnome-announce-list. That would
>> significantly reduce the "noise" on gnome-announce-list for people who are not
>> interested in individual package releases.
>
> Stupid question, but what would be left on gnome-announce-list? :-)

Announcement of GNOME releases and press releases, not individual modules.  A
list that a person casually interested in GNOME can hang around on to stay up
to date with GNOME in general.

> Also, do we really need a release-announce-list when we have
> ftp-release-list?

That's what I wonder also.  I stopped sending email announcements long time
ago.  Checking ftp-release-list, I think we should simply move over to that.
Except also advertise external modules to send their release announcements there?

behdad