Re: GNOME Speaker Guidelines

Lefty:

If it isn't clear already, the Speaker Guidelines are not intended to be
used in frivolous ways.  If people think that this needs to be spelled
out more clearly in the guidelines, then please propose improved text.
I can't imagine that anybody would take a complaint about someone giving
a talk and using a MacBook seriously, unless the situation were somehow
extraordinary (e.g. if a speaker had a "GNU/Linux Killer" sticker on
their MacBook, that might warrant some concern and discussion).

There is no need to discuss Apple or Microsoft or any other specific
company.  If you have concerns about how the guidelines might be applied
about topics concerning free source vs. open source vs. proprietary
technologies, then let's please talk about this without naming specific
companies.

Brian