Re: Ensuring GNOME 3 is a Success

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 02:22, Brian Cameron <brian cameron oracle com> wrote:

> Foundation Community:
>
> You let us know overwhelmingly that ensuring that GNOME 3 is a success
> is the #1 priority that the GNOME Foundation should be working on
> according to the survey Stormy ran last January.[1]
>
> Although this is clearly a high priority, there has been very little
> discussion on the foundation-list about what this means, how the GNOME
> Foundation community could better work together to ensure that GNOME 3
> is a success, or about GNOME 3 in general for that matter.  Therefore,
> I think it would be good to have some discussion about this amongst
> the Foundation members and to think about what we can be doing as a
> community to help in this area.
>
> To help in this area, the GNOME Foundation has already been working on
> the following:
>
> - Organizing hackfests of relevance to GNOME 3.
> - Promoting GNOME 3 at events whether this is done by Stormy, board
>  members, or others by arrangement of the GNOME Foundation.
> - Negotiating with advisory board members to make sure we are on track
>  for GNOME 3, and working with them to resolve issues they may have
>  with updating.

Does it include working with the downstreams that are in the AB to
make sure GNOME 3 matches what they want to deliver to their users?
What about the distros that aren't represented in that board?

Was it discussed what those downstreams could do to help with the
GNOME 3 effort besides packaging it?

Regards,

Tomeu