Re: Question for the candidates : money !

 On 05/31/2010 07:45 AM, Lionel Dricot wrote:
I've a question about GNOME business model and sustanability. As we have
seen with the fundrising to hire a sysadmin, money is often a blocking
point. The current business model seems to be donations.

Do you think that donations are good ? Good enough ? Do you plan to work
on this business model ? Do you have any proposals ?
It's also the Advisory Board fee [1], and having more companies join the Advisory board is a good goal I think. I also think there is some value in merchandise, such as t-shirts etc. that we're selling through the GNOME Store [2]. We have a cool and valuable brand, lets use it (within safe boundaries of course ;)

However, regarding donations from individuals specifically, the sysadmin fundraiser was a great success once we finally got it online and I think we shouldn't be afraid to do more things like that.

1. http://foundation.gnome.org/about/advisoryboard/
2. http://www.zazzle.com/gnome
- Andreas