Re: Some notes on GNOME Shell

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Sergey Panov <sipan sipan org> wrote:
> I sense a suspicion from the outsiders (not RedHat employees) that
> project is not just manned by the RedHat employees, but controlled by
> the company

It's controlled by the people doing the work, like any other project.

What does it mean to be "controlled by the company"?  It sounds a bit
far-fetched.

> When design/architecture decisions are made within the
> company in most of the cases you get, at best, monstrosities like an
> OpenOffice.

The differences between gnome-shell's development and that of
OpenOffice are so staggeringly different that I'm not sure how to
respond to such a statement.

I really don't see how any of the critical responses in this thread
are not already answered by Owen's original post.

Sandy