Re: A few questions for the candidates

2010/6/2 Seif Lotfy <seif lotfy com>:
> I read it a week ago before deciding to run for candidacy (someone tipped me
> to do so)  and while I am very surprised by the income and outcome, there
> should be a security buffer of 20% at least... This is a point I think
> should be discussed by the board and community.

I'm not sure what you mean by a 20% security buffer. We do have money
in the bank that would get us through a difficult time period. (How
much time depends on whether we kept running as usual or whether we
scaled back.) Given that buffer, our goal is to use the money we bring
in every year in activities that support our mission.

(Thanks to Vincent for asking this question, I hope it prompts lots
more people to read to read the GNOME Foundation budget and goals and
give feedback.)

Stormy