Re: Question for the candidates : money !

Hi,

El mar, 01-06-2010 a las 15:11 -0500, Brian Cameron escribió:

> > Do you plan to work on this business model ? Do you have any proposals ?
>
> - The board is currently working to develop a program to allow
>    companies and organizations to donate money.  This program would
>    be directed at organizations that are not currently advisory board
>    members.  This could be something like a "Friends of GNOME" program
>    for organizations instead of individuals.  This could, for example,
>    provide a link exchange, advertising, mention as a sponsor of an
>    event, or other forms of recognition as an incentive to donate money.

Brian refers to this email in marketing list:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2010-June/msg00001.html

Basically we want to define new roles that can be taken by smaller
companies or organizations so they can donate and get visibility for it.
Likely there are a lot of companies that would like to associate to
GNOME if they had a clear chance. Comments welcome in marketing-list!