Stormy's Update: June 14th-July 12th, 2010

http://blogs.gnome.org/foundation/2010/07/12/stormys-update-june-14th-july-12th-2010/

My weekly update routine has been broken. I used to write my update
every Monday morning. However, now when I sit down on Monday morning I
usually have several hundred unread messages. So I am working on a new
routine for writing my updates. (And trying to figure out if I'm
getting more email than normal or more email on weekends or what.) In
the mean time, here's what I've been up to:

Had an interview with James Turner as a prelude to my OSCON keynote.
Participated in several GNOME Asia Summit planning meetings. The
conference is coming along well!
Had regular 1:1's with Brian Cameron.
Had regular 1:1's with Rosanna Yuen.
Attended board meetings. Participated in board discussions.
Worked on setting up lightning talks on web services and free software
for OSCON.
Worked on setting up lightning talks on Getting Things Done in GNOME for GUADEC.
Helped with GUADEC planning stuff mostly budget, sponsors and some
general planning. We had some last minute staff changes as one staff
member got too ill to continue.
We did a joint press release with Sugar Labs as the new OLPC will also
have GNOME on it. (Sugar also uses GNOME technologies.)
Contacted all the groups that submitted bids to host the Desktop
Summit 2011, sent them our questions and asked them to update their
bids and make them public. Ended up with two bids. The boards (KDE and
GNOME) will now interview them.
Had a couple of meetings with GNOME advisory board members. I hope to
catch them all in person 1:1 during GUADEC.
Sent out several emails about the GNOME Training at GUADEC to our
advisory board members. Several expressed interest in getting it
incorporated in their regular corporate training.
Attended the Transfer Summit. Gave a talk on GNOME, attended a
Foundations BOF and lots of interesting discussions.
Worked on signing up a new GNOME advisory board member. To be
announced later. ;)
GNOME was accepted into the YouTube nonprofit program. Stay tuned for
what we do with that space. Probably starting with GUADEC and taking
off with GNOME 3.
And answered the kazillion emails, IMs and IRCs. So feel free to ping
me if you have questions!