Re: Meeting Minutes Published - January 7, 2010

Hi Federico,

Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> Co-location would be awesome.

I agree - but this time, we need to do it right.

> The schedules for the KDE and the GNOME tracks need to coincide.

I agree. Break time needs to be at the same time.

Last year, this was the case originally (we were co-ordinating) but the
GUADEC content committee decided to lengthen talk slots - unformtunately
this desynchronised both talk start & end times and break times.

More than that, I think that we need to have one content committee. Or,
at the very least, one schedule, not Akademy & GUADEC be scheduled on
different web-pages where attendees don't see the contents of the other
conferences.

For example, in the freedesktop days, there were two "freedesktop KDE"
tracks and two "freedesktop GNOME" tracks, with little mixing.

> Were the lightning talks combined, or were they separated between
> GNOME/KDE?  I can't remember.  They need to be combined so that both
> projects get to see each other's cool stuff :)

Combined. They were during the keynote sessions, after lunch.

> [2] Hot damn, the entire "A pattern language" online!
> http://vasarhelyi.eu/books/A_pattern_language_book/apl.htm

w00t!

One way to make common social space is to find the biggest open space
you can find, and put tables & chairs out.

Cheers,
Dave.
--
Dave Neary