Re: Resigning from the Board

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Lucas Rocha <lucasr gnome org> wrote:
> Hi all,

Hey, Lucas!

> I've been thinking a lot about what to do about my participation on
> GNOME Foundation's Board of Directors in face of the fact that my wife
> and I are expecting our first baby in February. After careful
> consideration, I decided to resign. I want to be fully focused on my
> family (especially in the first few months) without feeling bad for
> doing Board stuff while I could be with my family or not doing Board
> stuff while I'm spending time with my family.

You're a great example for our community! Thanks for all the work
you've done! Unfortunately we lost the Brazilian guy on the board!
That's the right decision, I think. Welcome to the team. My daughter
is 4 months old now and these times were incredible!
"Não basta ser pai, tem que participar!" (in our secret language,
pt_BR - somebody will ask about it) is the rule!

> So, considering my priorities now, I feel that I would be more useful
> to the Board by stepping down and letting another person with a lot of
> energy to take my position on Board for the rest of this mandate. The
> Board has decided to appoint Jorge Castro to replace me. He's highly
> motivated and I'm sure he'll give good contributions as a member of
> the Board.

I don't personally know (yet) Jorge Castro, just bothered him with
some mails, but I see that he is rocking on our community. So, I want
to say: Congrats, Jorge! I tried to find where you've born without
success, but considering your name and surname, I think that the Latin
America Complot
(http://www.mail-archive.com/foundation-list gnome org/msg03288.html)
is in the road!

> I've had a great time in my two and a half years on Foundation Board.
> It was a great way to support the community in several ways and to
> work with some very nice people. The GNOME Foundation is getting
> better everyday and I feel very proud to be part of it.

Good luck, my friend! And enjoy your "pre-father" and "fresh-father" times!
Is there any decision about the baby's name?

Cheers!

Bruno