Re: Presenting the 2009 Q2 GNOME Quarterly Report

And I did get an update from the I18n team. I'm not sure yet how it didn't make the report - my apologies to the I18n team.

Here is their update and a new copy of the report should be on the web soon.

Stormy

The GNOME I18n team coordinated the translation effort for GNOME 2.26,
which was made available on March/April 2009. Linux distributions such
as Fedora 11 and Ubuntu 9.04 offer the new localised GNOME.

GNOME 2.26 supports 48 languages in total, compared to 45 languages in the
previous release.

After the release of GNOME 2.26, GNOME migrated to the Git version
control system for the management of the source code. The GNOME I18n
team is helping during the migration to Git with thorough documentation for
translators and dedicated support through the mailing list.”

During Q3, the GNOME I18n team plans to:

1. Complete implementation of git commit support through l10n.gnome.org.
2. Complete implementation of git repository management program.
3. Continue providing git help to translators as soon as asked”.
4. Contact team coordinators for languages that are about to slip from
'Supported' status, assist to stay in supported status.

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Claude Paroz <claude 2xlibre net> wrote:
Le samedi 12 septembre 2009 à 18:08 +0200, Vincent Untz a écrit :
> Le samedi 12 septembre 2009, à 10:09 +0530, sankarshan a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > 2009/9/11 Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org>:
> >
> > > This is our first quarterly report[1]. Please let us know if you find it
> > > useful!
> > >
> > > In these quarterly reports we want to focus on what the GNOME Foundation and
> > > its members are doing, so most of the reporting is done by the teams doing
> > > the work. (If you would like to contribute an update in the future, please
> > > let me know.) For example, in the quarterly report, you can learn how:
> >
> > This is incredibly useful - a big thank you to all those involved in
> > the production of the report. Is it possible to include a section that
> > deals with what is coming up in the next quarter (in the perspective
> > of plans) ?
>
> I guess this would be up to each team to include a paragrap for this.
>
> > I also note that the Translations Project did not have a
> > segment for themselves.
>
> Hrm. I remember a thread on gnome-i18n about the l10n part of the
> report, but indeed, I don't see it in the PDF. Maybe it got lost
> somewhere :/

Here is the thread:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2009-July/msg00113.html

Claude