Re: Meeting Minutes Published - October 29, 2009

Hi guys,

Brian Cameron wrote:
>     * Germán - will get in contact with GUADEC organizers to clarify
>       their bid.
>     * Srini - Send out the GUADEC call-for-hosts, and the next meeting
>       with be an IRC meeting to discuss Done. Srini has the meeting
>       logs, but not yet published in the wiki. Yet to format and upload
>       and announce the meeting logs.

Just to point out that it's 16 November - I know this is stating the
obvious, but even if the bid you have now is an imperfect bid, the clock
has run out on finding another one. For the organisers, sponsors and
even attendees, we should announce the conference, site and dates, as
soon as possible - so that we can work on getting us budget before
year-end, and the organisers can start working on organising
accommodation, conference facilities and organise volunteers for
conference content, parties, and web infrastructure.

It's already a couple of months after the date when we're late - now
we're very late.

>     * Vincent - Will look into who the GNOME Foundation should send to
>       the Mobile User Experience conference, perhaps Paul Cooper.
>       Vincent mailed Paul and is waiting for an answer.

The conference is over, so this can go into completed actions now - in
the end, GNOME didn't get added to the conference partners - a mail got
dropped along the way.

Thanks,
Dave.

--