Re: What do you think of the foundation?

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak
<mjc avtechpulse com> wrote:
>> I would like to see greater financial and administrative transparency. I

>> I want to see seven board members actively communicating, and I want to

>> front, don't fight in public, and publish/announce/... - in short,
>> broadcast to the membership what they're working on.
>
> My only complaint with the board is that the handling of the minutes really
> has been amateurish. The minutes lurch out months after the meeting, with a
> "sorry I've been busy" usually attached.
>
> It's unprofessional.

That's exactly correct. Another term for it is 'volunteer'. :) You're
certainly welcome to volunteer to improve it yourself, of course.

This is not to say I'm proud of the level of service I've provided
this year; I certainly would have liked to have been more responsive
and timely, and deeply wish I could have done better. I certainly
wouldn't be able to improve it next year, which is part of why I'm
stepping away from the board overall. But I've been trying to keep a
lot of other balls in the air, and I have received very little in the
way of thanks for the work I *have* done, so I'm not going to lose too
much sleep over this overall.

I have a lot to say in this thread in general; I think Dave is right
that it is more than high time we re-examined the structure of the
Foundation and relationship of Foundation, board, and community, even
if we might disagree on the particulars. But I'm swamped with a lot of
other things right now so it might take several more days (or even a
week) to get to them. If that isn't professional enough, I apologize
in advance.

Luis