Re: 2009 Current Year Budget
- From: Dave Neary <dneary gnome org>
- To: "Jaap A. Haitsma" <jaap haitsma org>
- Cc: Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org>, foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: 2009 Current Year Budget
- Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 12:11:19 +0200
Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:
> If I compare the spreadsheet with the sponsors listed on
> http://foundation.gnome.org/ I see that not every sponsor pays a
The foundation rules are:
* Advisory board members are by invitation only
* Non-profits pay no contribution to be on the advisory board - this
rule applies to Debian, FSF, SFLC, MoFo, Sugar Labs.
* For-profit companies pay an annual membership fee.
* Large companies (>50 employees): $10,000
* Small companies (<50 employees): $ 5,000
> I can imagine that non-profit do not have to pay to become a
> foundation member. Though I think a non profit like Mozilla has so
> much revenue that you could ask for a contribution I think.
We do, we have. Mozilla is a regular generous supporter of the
foundation - including a contribution to the Accessibility project last
year, and regular sponsorship of GUADEC.
> However Openedhand and Imendio are as far as I know a commercial
> company. Don't they financially help the foundation in 2009?
OpenedHand is now a subset of Intel, who are a paying member of the
Imendio has ceased operation; I believe that we have made contact with
Lanedo, the company which has taken over most of Imendio's employees and
GNOME Foundation member
dneary gnome org
] [Thread Prev