Re: Stormy's update: Week of July 13th

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Philip Van Hoof<pvanhoof gnome org> wrote:
> Dear Richard,
>
> An organizations like GNOME is free to decide for themselves which of
> the online services they will use.

And as Richard is a member of GNOME (honorary if not in fact) he's
certainly welcome to politely share his opinion of the move with other
members, as he has done. You certainly have not shied away from
sharing your opinions without getting elected to the board; Richard
should be no different.

[Mind you, I think Richard has crossed many lines in the past, and I
don't condone that (I will have more to say about that in August), but
when he is behaving he's entitled to his opinion.]

> We're not the Internet police.

No, but we're an organization with moral goals as well as practical
ones, and we should continually question our motivations and
strategies to make sure we're doing the best possible job of balancing
those ends. Richard and I have loudly disagreed about how to strike
that balance in the past, we disagree on this issue, and I assume we
will again in the future. But the day we don't at least take into
account moral considerations is the day I write a very large check at
the Apple store.

Luis