Spreading the word about GNOME

GNOME Foundation members and supporters,

In order to fulfill our mission of a free and open source desktop accessible to everyone, we need to spread the word about GNOME and its benefits. We need to be present at technical events where people are making choices about which technologies to use as well as at events that might not typically be associated with free software like conferences focused on accessibility, education or governments.

With that in mind, I'd like to encourage all of you to watch for opportunities to speak about GNOME, let others know about them and sign up for them yourselves!

If you are interested in speaking or setting up a GNOME table or booth at a conference, there are many in the community that can help with advice and resources. Also, if you need help with logistics, it's always possible to ask the travel committee to consider sponsoring your travel.

You can add events that needs speakers, check out the list of speaking opportunities or add yourself as a potential speaker on the wiki, http://live.gnome.org/GnomeEvents/Speakers.

Best,

Stormy