GNOME Advisory Board Fees Changing

GNOME Foundation members and supporters,

Thanks for all your help and support during the past year. It's been a terrific year. We've accomplished a lot of great things in 2009 (8 events in the 4th quarter alone!) and we are looking forward to an even busier 2010 as we get ready to release GNOME 3.0.

For 2010, with the support of our advisory board, we are raising the GNOME Advisory board fees to $20,000 for large companies and $10,000 for small companies. The additional funding will enable us to to hold regular and active hackfests, support a small staff and support GNOME at local events worldwide.

In 2010, we'll have:
Maintaining a small staff and a regular schedule of key hackfests will enable us to:
We have worked on making this plan a reality by raising more money and spending the money we have more effectively. For example:
While all this has helped us, it has turned out to be insufficient to accomplish our basic plans for staffing and hackfests. Additional reasons we asked advisory board members to consider accepting a raise in advisory board members fees.
Thanks to all our sponsors for supporting us in this change. Thanks to all of our contributors for their time and energy making GNOME projects and events a success. We couldn't do it without you.

We look forward to an exciting 2010 and the release of GNOME 3.0!

Best,

Stormy

--
Stormy Peters