Re: Fundraising Progress

Hey Shaun,

Le mardi 28 avril 2009, à 16:13 -0500, Shaun McCance a écrit :
> Owen sent an email to the list a short while back about a
> FoG fundraising drive for a sysadmin:
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2009-April/msg00025.html
>
> There have been occasional conversations on IRC about having
> a progress meter we could put on our web sites.  I know some
> other people have been in talks about this.  But I decided
> to JFDI.
>
> http://www.gnome.org/~shaunm/fog/index.html

Cool. As you saw on IRC, Andreas did a mockup which is based on monthly
subscribers (instead of total amount of money) -- this is what we were
planning to do. We can probably do some mix of the two (assuming we can
do it in a non-ugly way ;-)), though, since both views are interesting.

> What this needs is real data.  It's being fed with dummy
> in an easy-to-parse format right now.  I'm not afraid to
> extract stuff from a hard-to-parse format if I have to.
> Do we have any way of getting data?

The idea we had was to route the paypal mails to some script via
procmail, and extract data there.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.