Travel assistance for Gran Canaria

When I last asked about this on Feb. 11th, the response was "wait a
week or two":

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2009-February/msg00013.html

I asked again two weeks ago in the GUADEC IRC channel and someone--I
can't recall who--said that something was in progress. So what's up?
The registration site says it's for both registration and travel
assistance but I don't see anything during the registration process
related to travel assistance (other than having a travel agency make
the bookings for you).

I'd like to buy plane tickets and lodging but have no idea what the
travel assistance process is or whether I qualify.