Re: GTK and Adobe Flash

Hi!

> I have a question that is difficult to answer.
> We have an application in GTK and we want to embed Adobe Flash 9 into it.
> Is there a way to realize this?
> Now we do it by embedding firefox but we want native support.
> I have found some things about adobe we can assign a window id but all
> versions that i try have no window id option.
>
> Can you point me in the right direction.

First, this is the wrong mailing-list. Post such questions to
gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, please

Anyway, you might want to have a look at swfdec
(http://swfdec.freedesktop.org/wiki/), a Glib/Gtk+ open source flash
decoder which works on many flash files. This one should be easy to
embed. It's also part of the GNOME Desktop.

Regards,
Johannes