Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 14:48:55 +0200
From: Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>
To: foundation-list gnome org
Subject: Call for hackfest ideas

Hi,

I guess most people have read various blog posts about how the GTK+
hackfest went, and I've heard there'll be a small report about it too.
But the general feeling seems to be that it was really useful.

One of the things the Board wants to see happen this year is hackfests,
and the fact that the GTK+ one was a success is a good sign that we
should do this :-) But to make this happen, we need help from the
community to come up with ideas of hackfests and we also need help from
volunteers to lead this effort.

So if you can think of a topic that would be suitable for a hackfest,
please talk about it with a few people and share your idea.

For budget reasons, it'd be better to keep the hackfests small (ie, not
too many people). Note that a good hackfest is not just a good topic:
you need to have the right people and a good agenda so that things
actually get done.

Thanks,

Vincent
The GNOME Art Team are planning to get together in a face-to-face meeting at some point during this year. Most of us are going to GUADEC, but we have also discussed getting together for a planning and drawing session (like a weekend or so) somewhere in Europe, as most of us live there. There are obviously several things high up on the agenda, such as working better together with the distros and looking into ways to grow our community (as our work burden - people ratio isn't really optimal at the moment).
- Andreas