Re: Proposal: Desktop Search hackfest

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Quim Gil <quimgil gmail com> wrote:
> Proposal: Desktop Search Hackfest.
> Calling to: Xesam, Beagle, Tracker projects and whoever else is involved.
> When: September 19 + the days the developers decide before & after.
> Where: Berlin.
> Why: The Board made a call to organize hackfest around events and the
> Maemo Summit has answered.
> Budget: Funded by Nokia within reasonable terms.

Sounds like a good idea, but I don't have the vacation time to make
the trip, so I'd be unable to make a hackfest outside of Boston.
Somehow I doubt that Nokia's reasonable terms include paying my
salary. ;)

That's probably ok anyway because I haven't been doing Beagle hacking
lately and have been in my co-maintainer's accurate description an
"armchair quarterback."

I don't think that the other two main Beagle hackers (dBera and Arun)
are on this list -- one of them being a KDE guy -- but I've forwarded
the email to them privately.  The best way to reach them would be on
the dashboard-hackers mailing list: