Re: I helped improve Gnome and all I got...

On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 22:53 +0530, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:

> Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
>
> | Any one item (no matter how small) and sending it out costs at least 10
> | to 15 dollars.  I'm sure we can allocate funds for sending out a hundred
> | of them.  Someone (you?) should bring a concrete proposal to board for
> | consideration.
>
> Don't send out ... get local GNOME chapters to do this and reimburse
> expenses. Helps those who are locally to be "in the public eye" and thus
> spawn off a rockstar cult
>
> Let's have a design ready for T-Shirt, Mugs, Badge whatever - in India
> I'd have a handful of these to give away and the ones who deserve that
> would sure appreciate the gesture

We've been doing this already.  That is, local groups have been doing
this already.  And board has been paying on a case by case basis.  See
recent GNOME-FR requests for example.

The rest, to have marketing material ready, is up to the marketing team
and community.  Just send your request to board at least 3 months in
advance of your event and chances are quite high that you get the money
you asked for.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/