Re: Call for hosts for GUADEC 2009

On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 20:34 +0200, BJörn Lindqvist wrote:
> Usa isn't the only country in North America. Maybe Canada or Mexico
> has less strict rules about visas? It is not hard to imagine that the
> Americans might feel that it is a little unfair that guadec always is
> in Europe.

This American views it as a great excuse to go to Europe.
I can see Chicago anytime.  Istanbul is something special.
And while there are differences between American cities,
it's nowhere near the differences we get between different
European countries.  The diversity is awesome.

I'm not saying this is necessarily a reason to keep it in
Europe.  I'm just saying it's why I, in particular, don't
care if GUADEC is ever on my side of the pond.

--
Shaun