Re: Git vs SVN (was: Can we improve things?)

2007/9/8, Olav Vitters <olav bkor dhs org>:
> On Sat, Sep 08, 2007 at 02:03:20AM +0300, Zeeshan Ali wrote:
> >    I searched the archive and topics of the mails i found, didn't seem
> > relevant so it would be nice if you either provide me a link to the
> > thread or summarize the conclusion. We are using SVN so ChangeLog
> > requirement obviously makes sense but I can't imagine it making any
> > sense at all in D-SCMs especially git since i can always get the
> > changelog using `git log`.
>
> You can always use 'svn log' as well. The main point is that 'oops, made
> a typo' will appear in 'svn log', not in ChangeLog.

Yes, I guess Zeeshan was pointing out that with Git you can clean the
typo up *without* having the "oops, typo" as a separate commit, thus
making it possible to for example autogenerate the Changelog from git
log and not having to clean hundreds of irrelevant messages from it.

(not that this either would solve the original issue)

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi