Re: Git vs SVN (was: Can we improve things?)

2007/9/8, Kevin Kubasik <kevin kubasik net>:
[snip reasoning]
> That being said, I see the following as a bordering-on-sanity approach
> to use as a starting point for a realistic debate over weather Gnome
> should go distributed or not.
[snip plan]

+1 to your plan, although I think more effort right now should be
directed to submitting translations and documentation without touching
VCS.

In my eyes, that's the real problem here. The developers will always
squabble over the right editor, indentation and VCS since they
generally are interested in those things, benefit from better tools
and usually have the motivation to learn new stuff. Non-developers
don't since those are not tools they really should be using in the
first place, and changing them just makes it more difficult to
contribute.

So, first we need to create a tool to submit translation&documentation
stuff to VCS and after that we'll have more freedom to decide which
VCS makes most sense to use.

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi