Re: GNOME dependent on Mono

Le jeudi 29 novembre 2007, à 14:51 -0500, John (J5) Palmieri a écrit :
> I would also like to ease your mind and say the Release Team would take
> great exception to a core GNOME module all of a sudden sprouting hard
> dependencies.  Some modules are more scrutinized than other, Yelp would
> be one of them.  Novell has also been very sensitive to the Mono issue
> in the past.  They still champion it but have done things like create C
> glue libraries and refrain from making their apps like Evolution depend
> on Mono.

Just a reminder for everyone here, the current release team policy for things
related to mono [1]:

 New modules may be accepted into the desktop or admin releases with
 a dependency on gtk#/mono, but any modules accepted into either of
 those release sets without a dependency on gtk#/mono may not gain
 one without going through the proposal process again in a subsequent
 release.

I'm nearly sure at the time, I was willing to either not have this whole
paragraph or to replace "gtk#/mono" with "gtk#/mono, python, etc."
because it makes sense for other languages too. Maybe I'm just
misremembering all this and other release team members will correct me
in this case :-)

Vincent

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/devel-announce-list/2006-August/msg00000.html

--