Re: GNOME dependent on Mono

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 08:03:38PM -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
> I read http://boycottnovell.com/2007/11/05/gnome-mono-yelp/ with
> great concern.

(...)

> However, making GNOME depend on Mono is running a grave risk, and a
> grave mistake.  If the article accurately describes the situation, I
> think we need to launch a high-priority project to reimplement Yelp in
> some other language.

RPM (as used in most distributions) is not as flexible as DEB and a
badly made package will bring in *optional* dependencies as if they were
required.

People are very freaked out and nerves on a real fringe, so it's very
easy to trigger alarm. We have Novell, as a huge puppet from Microsoft's
manouvers to divide the Free Software community, to "thank" for so much
friction.

Rui

--
Frink!
Today is Pungenday, the 41st day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3173
+ So let's do it...?