Re: two questions for candidates

<quote who="Rui Miguel Silva Seabra">

> Microsoft isn't defending OOXML under the terms defined by ISO.

So we should be as grubby and corrupt as them? What I am saying here is not
that we should put up a weak fight. I am saying we should *defeat* OOXML
under the terms defined by ISO. I'm helping to do that in Australia. It is
in the local standards bodies that the fight exists now. Not on the GNOME
Foundation mailing list.

> >   Software Freedom is not just for geeks!
>
> Right on, but you could make sure not only geeks noticed the many poison
> pills of OOXML. This discussion is an evident proof one of the poison
> pills is getting at people.

This discussion is not about supporting OOXML.

- Jeff

--
GNOME.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia http://live.gnome.org/Melbourne2008

             It's not just a song! It's a document of my life!