Re: GNOME Foundation Statement on ECMA TC45-M Participation

On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 07:26:12AM -0500, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 12:44:52AM +0000, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Funny then, that even after nothing being done by GNOME on TC45 since
> > July (previous to OOXML vote on September 2) ECMA is still claiming
> > GNOME participates in the disposition of comments:
> >
> > http://www.ecma-international.org/news/TC45_current_work/First%20group%20of%20662%20proposed%20dispositions%20of%20comments%20posted.htm
>
> We are listed as members of the committee which is accurate.

Placed in a context which implies participation in the disposition of
comments.

> > Since the Foundation clearly wouldn't lie about not doing anything since
> > July
> Your tone here raises the possibility that just maybe the foundation
> or I did lie.  Hopefully I am mis-interpreting your intent and will
> go have some tea instead.

I hope the tea was good, since I never intended to suggest that and was
actually implying that ECMA was being deliberatily deceiving. :)

Rui

--
Hail Eris, Hack Linux!
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 37th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3173
+ So let's do it...?