Re: OOXML [was Re: GNOME Foundation Board Meeting Minutes :: 7/6/07]

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 10:01:04PM -0400, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 11:53:15PM +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
> > |

> ECMA = European Computer Manufacturers Association
>     http://www.ecma-international.org
>     An umbrella organisation for creating standards.

The name is now Ecma International. Ecma spelled like this, and meaning
nothing. The old name of the organisation is as you described it.

> ISO = International Standards Organisation

Well, the official nme is "International Organization for
Standardization".

> OASIS = Organisation for the Advancement of Structured Information
> 	Standards
>     http://www.oasis-open.org/home/index.php
>     Yet another umbrella organisation.

I was not aware that it is an umbrella organization. How?
What are the associations that are members of OASIS?

Best regards
keld