Re: OOXML [was Re: GNOME Foundation Board Meeting Minutes :: 7/6/07]

> Competing is a good thing, and in my opinion it's good that Microsoft
> competes with us. This keeps us sharp and focused.

If you were sharp and focussed nobody would have joined anything in a way
Microsoft could twist.

> Competition has never been a bad thing for mankind. In fact has it been
> an excellent invention of nature for all living species. That includes
> the free software warriors.

Competing is not the same as giving your opponent an automatic weapon and
asking them to take potshots at you, which is what the current activity
has become.

Alan