Re: Call for invitations to be the host of GUADEC 2008

<quote who="Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay">

> Or, in short unless a conference outside NA or EU reimburses travel
> expenses for attendees/speakers a Regional GNOME Conference or a GUADAC
> with developer participation from NA or EU is effectively ruled out.
> Hmm...kind of puts regional organisers between rock(s) and hard place(s)
> since it will raise the sponsorship and attendance fees in order to ensure
> crowd attendance and also meet the objective of herding the cats etc etc

Holding it along side an existing event *really* helps.

- Jeff

--
Open CeBIT 2007: Sydney, Australia              http://www.opencebit.com.au/

    Echidnas, or at least the ones I've met, don't have joy. Adults very
     rarely have joy. Kids have hyperkinetic nuclear joy in abundance.