Re: an open-audit voting system for GNOME elections

Vincent Untz wrote:
> Just wondering: on [1], Java is mentioned. Does it mean it'd be required
> for each voter to have the java plugin? It might be an issue for some
> people (well, maybe not in the future when java will be totally free).

Currently, I am developing this using HTML+Javascript with *some* calls
into the JVM for crypto. I may be able to eventually do these in pure
Javascript, especially if there's a strong need, though I am hoping
that's not necessary... BigNum in Javascript is going to be quite slow.
That said, if this continues to be an issue (if Java isn't released
under the GPL quickly enough), then definitely keep me posted.

-Ben