Re: A New GNOME Order

Reinout van Schouwen <reinouts gnome org> writes:

> Thanks for the compliment, on behalf of the Epiphany team. :)

I'm not sure we understand eachother;). Epiphany does not have this
architecture today. I once brought this up on the epiphany mailing
list and it was received well, though;).

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/epiphany-list/2006-March/msg00000.html

> What you are looking for is this: (mathusalem)

No, not exactly. It's just not about hiding windows in epiphany. It's
about epiphany giving a URL, torrent, ed2k link, etc to a download
daemon. This daemon will be a system wide download daemon that every
applications can connect and talk to.

It's also about refactoring epiphany and splitting the UI from the
core, but it's not only epiphany; it's very many applications brought
into the GNOME desktop.

I'm not sure this is the best place to discuss this, but where?

--
Esben Stien is b0ef e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m