Re: GNOME Foundation Board Meeting Minutes :: 7/6/07

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 12:55 +1200, Glynn Foster wrote:
>> I'd *love* to get to the stage where we could outsource the conference, but the
>> last time we did that and outsourced an expo day, it was a bit of a disaster.
>> Financially we're probably not in the position to do this either if people are
>> expecting the conference to be free.
>
> But with the greater funding opportunity that is expected to come with
> joining forces, we may be able to hire two contributors to work on it
> fulltime for a few months.  Definitely possible in the less expensive
> European countries which are more likely to host GUADEC in the coming
> years, given that we've only had Western Europe countries so far.

Why is it likely that we'd get more funding? With joining forces, you join
sponsorship opportunities and join numbers attending.

Unless there's some magical way of tapping into new sponsorship that I'm
missing, you still pretty much end up with the same result - not counting those
companies that used to sponsor each event, now sponsoring potentially less
overall on a single event.

Glynn