Re: Candidacy: Jeff Waugh

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 10:43 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:

These are awesome points and promises you are making Jeff. I hope you'll
get elected so that developers like myself are sure that somebody is
working on the exact future that they want GNOME to become.

>  * Continue with GMAE and kickstart a couple of similar projects, focusing
>    commercial interest on community/upstream development, ensuring the GNOME
>    community is a strategic asset for the companies involved, and keeping
>    our successes in the limelight. We need to make sure that the innovative
>    GNOME community continues to be seen as a highly valued part of the Free
>    Software ecosystem, and improve on that status.

Your energy and efforts to steer and start the GMAE initiative are
highly appreciated. Thanks a lot for this. This is going to make a big
difference for the careers of a lot GNOME developers involved.

--
Philip Van Hoof, software developer
home: me at pvanhoof dot be