Potential candidates to the board

- Busy / Short of time but thinking seriously on becoming candidate.

- Already invited to be part of the release team, better not combine
both responsibilities.

- Getting top involvement in GNOME local group, better not to combine
both responsibilities.

- I don't think I fit, I better contribute hacking.

FAQ:

Q - How much time does this require?
A - I think someone can be a good board member investing 2h for board
meetings every 2 weeks + 2h a week for tasks assigned to you + following
foundation-list, which has sometimes more and sometimes less traffic,
but generally low-traffic. You generally work on stuff you are
interested in anyway.

Q - What does exactly the board?
A - http://live.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/2006ActivityWatch
The board mainly acts in the areas where there are no technical teams,
or in transversal issues that involve several teams or in issues that
are not being (properly) pushed and are considered important. The board
itself doesn't get into technical tasks, but can assign GNOME
contributors to do so.

Concerns:

- I'm not known in GNOME
Although this is an exaggeration (the people I contacted have visibility
in their areas) it is clear that most people don't want to run for
election unless they see a probability of being elected. It would be
good that rock stars and vets in general insist (as Federico did) that
the board elections are not a popularity contest but an exercise to find
the people that can work better for the board and the Foundation. Fopr
instance, time and hands-on attitude are probably more important than
years in GNOME or Planet karma.

- I want to enjoy GUADEC
Me too! The elected board should work in collaboration with Birmingham
2007 in order to find a way to combine agendas. It is possible.