Re: Code Of Conduct

[snip]
and we need to welcome beginners more.
[snip]

YES! This is something worth spending time on... From my (limited) exposure to students (of any demographic) coming out of Computer Science programs at the University of Toronto... I'd say engaging in GNOME C development with all its Autofoo machinery is probably about as attractive as eating bees. I've seen some improvements over the last 3-4 years, but we have a long way to go. But this is not on thread topic -- sorry.

Regarding a Code of Conduct, I say go for it. It can be a reference point. If we end up arguing over it big deal... it will be better to have something concrete to help move those arguments forward.

cheers,
David