Re: RFC: anonymous voting system

On Sun, 2005-25-09 at 17:07 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
>   + You'll need to trust people with access to the database/code since
>     they can do a lot of bad things.
>     => You already trust the membership & elections committee and the
>        gnome.org admins, don't you? :-) More seriously, this is again
>        something that is not different from the current system.

I would like to disagree. This is very different from the old system. In
the old system everybody was able and encouraged to check their votes
and see those of others so that little "trust" was needed. In that
system also everybody was able to see who did not vote. Under the new
system that privilege remains with only a few (whom we likely trust not
to abuse it). Nevertheless, this is significantly different from the old
system.

A question: what happens if one tries to vote and the token has already
been used (by somebody who intercepted the insecure mail).

Andreas
--
Andreas J. Guelzow
Taliesin Software, Shelties, Pyr Sheps