Re: GNOME trademark guidelines and user group agreement

> On Sel, 2005-08-30 at 20:19 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
>> feedback from the GNOME community. If you need permission to use the
>> GNOME trademarks in other ways or have other questions, please contact
>> licensing gnome org
>
> http://foundation.gnome.org/licensing/usergroup/
> in 2.c:
> You may not modify, create derivative works or make any use of the
> Licensed Works other than as expressly permitted by this License;
>
> Does it mean we can't use our own logo derived from GNOME's logo?
> http://id.gnome.org/wp-content/themes/idgnome/images/logo.png

Yes, trademark law makes it very difficult for us to allow these. You
should request special permission from board gnome org for such a modified
trademark. I doubt that we'd approve anything other than an addition which
didn't change the original part of the trademark.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com