Re: [Off Topic] We need "Vendor"s? [was Words to Avoid "Vendor"]

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 10:02 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> Many of our _users_ need for those systems to work well with free
> software. Yes, they need free-software alternatives even more, but we
> don't need to kick them repeatedly in the balls while they are trying to
> make the transition. GNOME is _the_ platform for all, not just for a small
> group of obsessives.

I'm don't complain about satisfying (drug)-addiction but about
satisfying (drug)-dealers.

While providing an easy and smooth transition by providing tools that
allow them to free themselves from their dependency (gradually or at
once) is noble, providing an easy and smooth transition from Windows to
GNU/Linux of proprietary software is not noble at all.

I'm willing to accept the later case as a minor side effect of the
earlier one, but I can't accept that the other way around is the
objective, that's too perverse.

> Our platform is LGPL, not GPL. Push for a crazy relicensing referendum or
> something if you don't like GNOME's aims.

Did you see me complain about using Lesser GPL instead of GPL? Where?

Rui