Re: 2005 Fall Board of Directors Election Voting Started

On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 06:49 -0700, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-28-11 at 10:32 +0200, Baris Cicek wrote:
> > 2005 Fall Board of Directors Election voting period is started on
> > November 27th. Ballots have been sent to foundation members. Voting
> > instructions are written in the mails you will be get. For this
> > elections you will have 13 candidates[1] and you should vote 7 of them
> > which more than two of them could not have same affiliation.
>
> Why? I cannot find any rule against _voting_ for more than two
> candidates with the same affiliation. THis is independent fromt he fact
> that nor more than two candidates with the same affiliation may be
> _elected_.
You're correct. Even though you have no chance to vote for two or more
candidates that has same affiliation (because we don't have such a case
for 2005 elections), it's not same. Affiliation rule is exactly told as
in election rules. That is, if more than than two persons from one
company get elected, only the top two vote getters will get on the
board.

> Moreover, shouldn't the above sentence say "You should vote for up to 7"
> candidates?
Yes, you don't need to vote for 7 different people.

Thanks for correcting my mail. It's hard to say anyone would get hurt
because voting script is working as you said. For full list of rules and
updated timeline anyone can check foundation web page about rules[1].

[1] http://foundation.gnome.org/elections/2005/rules.html