Re: [Off Topic] Words to Avoid "Vendor" [was Re: Questions to answer]

En/na Davyd Madeley ha escrit:

> That point is that we need to encourage traditional independant
> software VENDORS to our platform.

Agreed. But this doesn't invalidate the Independent Software Developers
(ISD) proposal.

Please note that by recommending Independent Software Developers we are
not ruling out the vendors. ISV is included in the concept of ISD, but
viceversa doesn't work.

If you develop you are developer, and ISD is not constrained to free or
non-free software development.

I don't think we are talking about pure vendors here, who only sell/vend
but don't develop. These would be the only ones being excluded from the
ISD concept.

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org