Re: Beginning of the 2005 GNOME Foundation elections

Hi,

Le vendredi 11 novembre 2005 �2:05 +0100, Quim Gil a �it :
> > Being a candidate
> > -----------------
> >
> > If you are a member of the GNOME Foundation and are interested in
> > running for election, you may
>
> (...)
>
> > before November 14th 2005 (23:59 UTC).
>
> This is my first election period in the GNOME Foundation, so I'm
> surprised by the lack of candidates few days before the deadline.  :)
>
> Is it always like this?

Yes.

>  Have people found a electoral strategy that
> shows better results if presenting candidacy right before the deadline?

I don't think so. But maybe we should study the results of previous
elections ;-)

> Are the vets waiting for the last minute? Are the newbies too shy to
> throw themselves on the dance floor before it's strictly needed? Is it
> real that a percentage of the board is integrated by people that had to
> become candidates because of the lack of candidates?

Well, maybe we could ask this question to the candidates who will
nominate themselves at the last minute :-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas press�