Re: GNOME Member card

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 12:13 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> Here is the first "official" design for our GNOME Members' address card.
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMemberCard
>
> Thanks to James Bowes for the Inkscape work.
>
> Feel free to suggest new designs (under a free license please) or to use
> the GNOME Member logo on your own designs. I guess that we'll update
> this official design occassionaly.

I created this little webscript quick 'n dirty to ease creating your own
GNOME Foundation business card by simply filling in some webform.

http://www.pvanhoof.be/buscardgen/

ps. I removed an invisible embedded png from the SVG source. I don't
what it's used for.

ps. I also did this so you guys have the sources (you don't have to
trust me, just deploy it on your own PHP server):

ln -s index.php index.phps
ln -s gnomefoundation.php gnomefoundation.phps

Hf.

> Please remember, this is not a commercial business card. We can't allow
> people to use the trademarked GNOME logo on their business cards without
> explicit permission from the GNOME Foundation.

What are the terms for this? Where can I find more information? Both me
and my employer would like to put such a logo on my professional
business cards. When doing free software things, I'm being the same
person as when I'm doing things for customers of my employer. I'd like
to use the same card. How does one get that explicit permission?

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at pvanhoof dot be