Minutes of the Board meeting 2005 June 29

     Minutes of the Board meeting 2005 June 29


   Owen Taylor (chairing)
   Miguel de Icaza
   Tim Ney
   Daniel Veillard
   Murray Cumming
   Dave Neary
   Jody Goldberg
   Federico Mena-Quintero
   Jonathan Blandford

   Christian Schaller
   Luis Villa (sent regrets)

Actions completed:

  ACTION: Tim to secure space for the GNOME Summit and then send invitations
          to contacts in governments.
     - Done: auditorium and 3 classroom at MIT 8-10 October are booked
     - Done, agenda

  ACTION: Federico and Murray to create an outline for improving areas
          where our documentation is missing or obsolete
     - done in the wiki

  ACTION: Tim and Jonathan to continue discussions on details of hosting
          GUADEC with Barcelona
     - Done, Jonathan and Tim did it, agenda

  ACTION: Murray to provide final quotes for the items in the EuroGnome
          tradeshow box
     - Done in the Wiki


   ACTION: Dave to start looking for vendors to host the GNOME online shop
     - Ongoing

   ACTION: Dave to proceed to details stage of merchandizing agreement
     - Ongoing

   ACTION: Daniel to send request for proposal for specific topic to be
           worked on at the next Summit
     - ongoing

   ACTION: Murray to schedule an advisory board phone call meeting in
           approximately 2 months
     - ongoing

  ACTION: murray to announce the first version of the GNOME Foundation
          Member Logo
     - ongoing

  ACTION: Owen to publish the summarized number from GUADEC
     - ongoing

  ACTION: Federico to announce and ask for feedback on the certification
     - public but not announced, except though IRC.
     - ongoing need to be sent to a public list.

  ACTION: Murray to take the task to find documentation authors and get it 
     - Federico did the first step, ongoing.

  ACTION: Tim to generate a final version in PDF of the Trademark proposals
     - ongoing waiting from the lawyers

  ACTION: Owen to make the final announcement after 2 days of review of the
          final version
     - still blocking on previous item

  ACTION: Dave to send a merchandising proposal to Tim
     - done

  ACTION: Tim to send back the comments back to the merchandising proposal
          to the board list.
     - Done

  ACTION: Owen to modify foundation.gnome.org to reflect the foundation
     - not done

New actions:

  ACTION: Tim and Dave to draft a room requirement for GUADEC and get Christian

  ACTION: Murray to send to the board list the details and price of the items
          he want for the demo box for GNOME Germany.

  ACTION: Tim to follow up on developer's request for hardware support.


 * GUADEC 2006 in Barcelona
   Discussion on the format to find the number of days we need and how
   many rooms.
   Asking for rooms from Saturday 27 to Wednesday 31 included
 * Summer of Code bounties from Google
   12 bounties were granted, join on #sog to watch the progresses

 * next meeting on the 13th July
   Dave give regrets


Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Desktop team http://redhat.com/
veillard redhat com  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/
http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]