Re: GNOME Foundation Elections - Preliminary results

(away and offline the last two days)

Thanks to everybody that thought I could be a good member of the board.
I will keep pushing the same idea(l)s I would have pushed in the case of
being elected and at least from the GUADEC front we will be dealing with
the board on a regular basis.

I hope what Luis, Jeff and most of the 2006 board members have said is
true and it won't make that difference to be inside or outside the board
in order to make things happen. I really hope transparency and
empowerment (a stronger concept than 'delegation') will increase. The
low level of participation in the election is a pitty, and I think the
main cause comes from these factors. I would like to thanks all the
people that voted, since these vots are important not just for the
election but also to test the health of the Foundation.

Thanks to the fellow candidates. Gosh, it was difficult to decide what
seven to choose.

Thanks also to the current board members for the task done. I have a
very partial and short perspective, but deep enough to realise that the
work that has been done is a lot and wasn't easy to do - due to many
circumstances apart from the job itself.

I also think 2006 will be a great year for GNOME.

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org