Re: GNOME Foundation Elections - Preliminary results

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 20:22 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> I'm a bit sad that only 169 members (out of more than 350) voted,
> though. If anyone has some ideas on why less than 50% of the members
> voted or on how to change this, please share them. I'd really love to
> see this figure at 80% in the future.

A better configured MTA would have raised that number to at lease 170.

After some time, about the time the answers of several candidates came
up, I erased my ballot by accident. I sent an email asking for a new
ballot but no answer came.

Looking back I found out why, but too late:
rms roque:~$ nc -v x.y.z 25
DNS fwd/rev mismatch: x.y.z != a.b.z
x.y.z [X.X.X.X] 25 (smtp) open
220 localhost.localdomain ESMTP Postfix
HELO me
250 localhost.localdomain

My laptop's local MTA complained:
Dec  1 22:43:43 localhost postfix/smtp[15807]: DFF648046D:
to=<foo x y z>, relay=x.y.z[X.X.X.X], delay=16, status=bounced (mail for
x.y.z loops back to myself)

Too bad. I omit details because they're not too important. If someone
from board or electoral commitee disagrees, contact me by private email.

Rui