Re: GNOME Foundation Elections - Preliminary results

On 12/11/05, Baris Cicek <baris teamforce name tr> wrote:
> The GNOME Foundation Membership & Elections Committee is pleased to
> announce the preliminary results for the Board of Directors.

> Candidates in order of votes received, with affiliations:
>
>   Luis Villa (119 votes) - Harvard Law School
>   Jeff Waugh (115 votes) - Canonical Ltd
>   Federico Mena-Quintero (106 votes) - Novell, Inc.
>   Jonathan Blandford (105 votes) - Red Hat
>   David Neary (102 votes) - Cegelec SA
>   Anne Østergaard (97 votes) - Easterbridge.dk
>   Vincent Untz (93 votes) - Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
>   Quim Gil (77 votes) - Interactors s.coop.
>   Behdad Esfahbod (66 votes) - Sharif FarsiWeb
>   Germán Poó Caamaño (59 votes) - Universidad del Bío-Bío
>   Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller (55 votes) - Fluendo S.L.
>   Bastien Nocera (46 votes) - Red Hat
>   Dominic Lachowicz (43 votes) - Teragram Corporation

I'd like to personally thank all those who ran this year.  When I went
to vote, I found it really difficult because there were so many great
candidates this year; quite honestly, I would have been happy this
year regardless of which 7 got picked since everyone who ran was
great.  Anyway, I heard many others express the same
hard-to-pick-among-so-many-good-candidates problem in IRC.  That's
exactly the kind of problem I like us to have.  :-)

Thanks again!
Elijah